Sunday, October 26, 2008

The clock ticks.....

Hey guys,

Its Deepavali Eve, I'm studying for my DCAT exam. It stars next week. Hopefully I'll have it all done and ready by then. I need to be ready. Lots to do. So far life for me has been pretty normal. Busy. I went kayaking a few days ago. Lost my glasses in the process when I capsized the kayak. Damn it. Its okay. I'll just have to get new ones then. So far so good. I've been issued my full uniform but have yet to take pictures in it.

How do I feel? Exhausted, tired, Sad. It has that effect on you. Tired and exhausted...expected. I've had a busy week. Sad, Its that feeling again, of sadness that overwhelms me when I'm not looking. I think thats why I'm so jiwang. I have mood swings, I can be bubbly one minute and sulking the next......usually works this way, when I talk to other people I smile and laugh, when I'm alone in a corner, I sulk and cry. Its that simple.

Well, lots has happened, my room has been the victim of my "home improvement" scheme. I'm feeling good about it. The extra hanging space is working wonders. Lately, the school ran out of AvGas (aviation gasoline) since the Malaysian Government wouldn't sell any since the price was so high on the world market. Bleah. The tankers have come in and the planes are flying again. Captain Sukhdeep is leaving. He's my age, and is our instructor. A really nice fellow, nice as they come, and he shall be missed. Still, we here in Batch 19 wish him all the best in his future career at Firefly. Hopefully we'll meet again someday.

Our pastor talked a lot that day about not being mislead by world events. His advice was to always pray about what you should do and not listen to the so called "leaders" and "experts". I think its a wise decision to ask for God's advice when everyone around us are losing their heads over the looming economic crisis. I made a promise to do my best here and make the best of my time. Even though life here is very hard and not exactly fun, I'll put on a brave face and pray for the courage to go on and do what I need to do. Sometimes I just want to go home, even after all these years away. Still I press on. I want that license, and that diploma. In short, I want the job.

Oh btw, here's a pic of the new plane that just arrived. 9M-TAT. Its a very pretty plane. From what I hear on the tarmac, she handles like a charm too.

She's a beauty isn't she? Green with gold tints. She's a Piper PA-28 Warrior II. I wonder if I get to fly her.Oh yea, on a side note, remember the barbeque I talked about? Thats the insane number of cockels we ate. Yeap. They're good..and I love cockels. Actually, I just love shellfish...period.

Well, thats it for this time...I hope things get better soon. I can't say I'm lonely here...lots of friends ...but there's this emptyness that I feel every now and then...and it distracts and disturbs me. No matter, its probably all in my head. Still, I wish things were slightly different. Signing off.

No comments: