There's only a few minutes left. Then it'll be over. 2008. What a year it has been.
For starters, its been like a walk down memory lane. Tonight, I attended a new years day gathering at the house of a friend of my father. It was the same place that I spent new years eve last year. Flashbacks came back. I remembered the sights, the sounds the smells...the fear of going to Kota Bahru, the loneliness, the heartache, the sadness and the sense of failure that I felt. It wasn't easy. As I reflect back on the events that came to pass this year, I realise how lucky I've been. Finally, at long last, I can hold my head high and be proud of what I had to do in my life. For once, I can look ahead, look forward at the new year with a sense of anticipation of what is yet to come. I am not speaking in riddles. Last year, I felt a sense of dread and sorrow when I was suddenly plucked out of Newcastle to pursue a course as an aviator. It all happened so quickly, there was little time for me to say no. I gave up a lot to be where I am today, but through all the pain, God helped me grow in ways that I never imagined possible. What I have seen in the year 2008 is so great, in so many ways that I'm convinced that it was only by God's leadership that it has come to pass. Now, my walk with God is closer than ever and I feel that I have something to look forward to. A lot of the fear I felt is now gone, replaced by a sense of hope and trust.
When i look back, I see now, what a great and fruitful year it has been. I believe that it was the Lord who guided my every step, and helped me make those painful decisions. At that time, it made no sense to me, why so much of it had to happen, why I had to go away from Newie. In the end, when I look back, I realise that it wasn't a mistake...that it was all for the better.
Petrina, this year, you played a very special part in my life. Thank you. I know that eventually you're gonna read this post. I can't talk about what happened this whole year and leave you out of it. A lot of what happened, was in many ways because of you. In fact, if we had never met, i would not have done the things that I did. You're a very special girl. Thanks for all the great advice and for being my personal cheerleader :). Even though ultimately, it was God himself who made me who I am today, many times, he spoke to me through you. I'd never have made it without you. Heheh....I don't have to say much more right? You know the rest already.
Well, I've been back on break in KK. I'm going back to Gbay soon. Time to get my lazy ass back in gear and start working. Lazy....hmmm...not good. Well, life in Gbay is tough, but I can do it. This year, I'm not as afraid of it as I was last year. This year, I'm convinced that the Lord holds my hand...and he always has been, its just that I never paid any attention to him. I'd like to close with some photos! Yes, finally. Some pics I took when I was here....to remind myself of the good times. Some pics I won't post though, I'd like to keep em for myself :P. Well here goes. Happy new year all!
* for some reason the Server is a little busy today....bleah....must be the new years thing :). Will try to upload pics at a later date hehehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment