A lot of people talk about change nowadays.
That was Obama's campaign line when he ran for the US Presidency.
Change.
Why do so many people want change in their lives?
Are we always looking for something better?
Or are we just so convinced that the grass is greener on the other side, that what we have is never good enough so we're going to change endlessly and never find contentment.
Well, I'm going through a period of change.
Physically, I'm no longer going to live in Crew Res.
My batch has been kicked out and I'm going to live in a house in KB Town.
Its going to be a lot of hassle moving but I think that in the end its for the better.
After all, I get my freedom to move and the food improves.
Its best to look on the good side of things.
Good things and bad things are just 2 faces of the same coin, it depends on which one is facing up.
Sometimes, its important that we consciously remember to flip the coin.
Its been a very trying time for my family. My father and mother are going through change as well. Its stressing them out a lot. Dad has taken over the company he used to be working in. Mom has to help him now. When you start a company it isn't easy. There's often a lot of effort that has to be put in just to make it run and it'll be years before one reaps the fruits of their labours. Its important that in that time, we don't lose heart and keep trusting God to lead us on the right path.
Emotionally, I've changed as well. Gone were the days when I had a carefree attitude towards life. Its all part of growing up I suppose, to lose the innocence of youth. When the gravity of how serious life is and how scary it can be hits home, you can't help but learn to carry your own weight, and the weight of the ones you love.I have learnt a lot in the few short years since I left home. Its been about 6-7 years now. I've grown up. I think mom and dad would be proud of me if they weren't so busy worrying about what I was like in the past. After all, its nice to be able to finally look at all the scary things life can throw at us and smile.
The world is changing. Economies collapsed during the last recession. Once secure jobs were lost, and many, who were once affluent are now homeless and penniless. Still, change permeates every single aspect of our lives. Like its sudden coming, the recession is now coming to an end. Things are looking up again, as the world picks itself up and tries again. After all, we're only human right? :)We make mistakes, and we're brave. We try our best to make our lives perfect in an imperfect world. Change is a natural thing. Even without humans, the winds, tides and seasons often change the face of the earth. We know now that the earth see-saws between periods of heat and ice ages, spanning millions of years each cycle. We know that stars are born and they die,taking entire solar systems with them in one cataclysmic explosion. Our universe, is subject to constant change. Its just a fact of life.
Our God,however,is not subject to change. It is written that heaven and earth will pass away before one mark of the Bible goes void and doesn't achieve its purpose. God is still as powerful today as he was in the time of the prophets. He is the one thing that we can hold on to in this world of constant change and turmoil. After all, who wouldn't want to be loved by an unchanging, perfect God who is merciful, kind and graceful? God watches over his saints, the same as he did yesterday or in the years before.Christians are constantly being persecuted all over the world, in one way or another. Mind you, persecution does not refer to only violent attacks. It can be much subtler, like when you are cast aside by your non-Christian friends who do not share your values. Everyday for us is a battle, and the Bible calls on us to run our races to win our crowns. In a world of change, we can hold on to our God as our unchanging pillar of strength and hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment